Friday, November 28, 2008

FREEZIN FOR A REASON - For a GREYT Cause!!


I’m Looking 4 Plungers and Pledgers for a GREYT Cause!!!




On Jan 1st 2009 a few brave souls will be taking a plunge into Lake Michigan with American Greyhound and the Polar Bears to help raise funds for AmericanGreyhound.org. AmericanGreyhound.org is the greyt organization that rescued our sweet sugar Stoney (Mr.Bones). The wonderful people in this organization dedicate their lives and homes to rescuing and fostering these amazing boys and girls from greyhound race tracks. If it wasn’t for these generous rescue organizations such as AmericanGreyhound.org these most loving boys and girls are just disposed of like trash.


If you can help out in any way, either by pledging me to jump into Lake Michigan or by JOINING me and jumping into Lake Michigan with me - both are welcomed and appreciated!!


If you are willing to take the plunge with me please contact me ASAP so I can send you pledge sheets and you can get your friends and family to pledge money to you -- see how much you can get your friends and family to pay YOU for jumping in Lake Michigan in January!! It's all going for a really GREYT cause! Whether you can pledge money for me to take the plunge or you will join me and jump in yourself contact me through wherever you found out about this (my site, my fb page, my myspace page, etc.) or phone me directly at 219.866.7552. Any little bit you can give or do does make a difference… there are many medical bills when these greyt boys and girls come off the track and that is just the beginning… these wonderful foster families need to buy food, toys, and other goodies while they help provide loving homes for these boys and girls until they find their forever homes. The costs really add up so every little bit really does help.




2008 Freezin For A Reason Photo SlideShow Click here


For more information on how to adopt one of these GREYT boys or girls go to AmericanGreyhound.org






1 comment:

Courtney F. said...

Hi,

My name is Courtney Forman and I am a volunteer for Lone Star Bulldog Rescue out of Dallas/Fort Worth Texas. We are hosting a fundraising/adoption event this October, called "Bull-O-Ween" and are trying to secure donated items to be used in a silent auction. This will, of course, help to fund current and future medical care for our foster bullies. If you could donate it would be MUCH appreciated! We are non-profit and all donations would be considered charitable contributions. Please feel free to check out our website at: http://www.dfwbulldogrescue.org/
More information about our non-profit status as well as what we do is available within the site. FYI- You can see my current foster dog on there under the available dogs, his name is Bentley.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments at bity510@gmail.com

I am also available by telephone but since I am a volunteer and it is my home number, I would rather not publish it here on your blog. However, if you will email me I can give you the number I can be reached at or can contact you at your convenience.

Please consider helping a great cause!

Thanks so much for your time,
Courtney

About Me

My photo
Self-taught, abstract painter, mixed media artist.. and mommy to moose and stoney.